Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Way to go Alex!!!
Alex has been doing so well that they are going to send him home today!!! We are so excited. He looks great. They repeated an echo on him this morning and said things look like they expect them to and that he can go home today. He needs to pass his car seat test and he will be home free. They are planning on surgery in about a month to do the pulmonary artery banding. This will help him to breathe easier and force more blood out to the body and less to the lungs. Right now he gets too much blood flow to his lungs so this should really help. We are happy to have visitors, but with a catch. The catch is if anyone in your house has had any kind of runny nose, sore throat, fevers or any other kind of illness in the past week or so please come and visit when everyone is feeling better. If Alex gets sick it will really set him back and he could end up in the hospital. We would probably want to limit the amount of children that he is exposed to as they are great carriers for illnesses. We really appreciate everyone's help with this. CONGRATULATIONS ALEX!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations on the homecoming!! What a blessing that Alex has been doing so well. I love the photo of Sam and Alex.
hugs & prayers,
Christina (from IHH)
momma to Jacob
www.jacobsheart.blogspot.com
We are so excited for you guys! Keep us in mind if you need anything and we will be checking in. :)
Yeah!! He is so amazing! I would love to come and see him but I will wait until Ethan's goopy nose is better. I completetly understand the "catch" when it comes to visitors. Congratulations!
---Allison
I can't wait to meet him. I too get the "catch" and I will wait until he is a little older. I was a TOTAL mommyzilla about visitors when I brought home a preemie. Congratulations. I am so happy he is home with you. Thank you for updating your blog. It is so fun so see and read about your cute, cute family.
Post a Comment